Junior Sous Chef | Main Production Kitchen
Job no: 504803
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook, Kitchen Hand
The Star, Sydney's 5 Star Hotel & Premier Entertainment Destination boasts two of Sydney's best hotels, 20 bars and restaurants as well as a luxury 16-room day spa plus an events and entertainment centre.
We are currently looking for a passionate and highly dedicated Junior Sous Chef to join the Production kitchen in The Star. This is an opportunity for you to develop your skills under the supervision of some of the best chefs in Sydney. Our Commissary kitchen provides an opportunity to work with some amazing state of the art equipment in within an experienced team. The commissary kitchen works mainly with the buffet and Events team to support with mass production of high quality produce including stocks, sauces, fruit and salad preparation, meat preparation and sushi.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie in a production kitchen in a five star environment
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- The ability to effectively and efficiently co-ordinate and work as part of the team
- Passion, enthusiasm and flair in the culinary space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive some great benefits at The Star, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars, restaurants & the Lyric Theatre, lunch provided daily, subsidised city parking, uniforms provided and laundered daily plus much more!
So if you feel you have the skills and motivation to make a success of this opportunity, apply now for your chance to become a part of the excitement and glamour that is The Star!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now