Sous Chef - Chuuka
Job no: 515367
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
Two of Australia’s great Chefs are joining forces to open a new restaurant – Chuuka
Chef Chase Kojima (The Star’s Sokyo and Kiyomi) and Chef Victor Liong (Melbourne’s Lee Ho Fook) will turn tradition on its head at Chuuka by converging the distinct flavours and techniques of Japan and China into one visionary dining experience featuring fresh local produce.
Chuuka will feature a spectacular 130-seat dining area across two levels, including an indulgent wine room and an outdoor bar area with panoramic views across the harbour.
We are currently looking for passionate and highly dedicated Sous Chefs to join The Star’s exciting new venue.
You will support the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen management, including ordering, production schedules, budgeting, training, menu creation and staffing. You will ensure flawless service standards to our guests.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Previous experience in a 5-star hotel, high volume fine restaurant
- Strong understanding of Asian cuisine, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Demonstrated ability in planning, resourcing and controlling expenses
- Strong operational leadership and motivation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- The desire to succeed and further your career
Duties will include:
- Implement, control and analyse the level of production & operating to ensure optimum performance in all areas.
- Participate in preparation of menus and pricing policies by applying a sound knowledge of the following: - local requirements, market needs, competition - trends, recipes, daily specials and availability of products.
- Assist the Head Chef in developing formal training plans, conduct on-the-job training sessions, then through performance reviews and tests measure training effectiveness and staff levels. Train staff in up-coming food trends.
- Develop and maintain high standards of hygiene within kitchens.
- Perform all related duties and special projects as assigned by Culinary Management.
- Salary $75-85K (Including 9.5% Super)
What benefits are there to work for the Star Sydney?
- Work with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Learn new techniques and use modern equipment
- Infinite career possibilities
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- Free meals
- Free light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounted rooms in The Star Entertainment Group across Australia
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants, JB-Hifi, Virgin Airlines and many more!
It's all yours for the taking. Come and play!
The Star Entertainment Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend