Demi Chef - Chuuka
Job no: 515370
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
Two of Australia’s great Chefs are joining forces to open a new restaurant – Chuuka
Chef Chase Kojima (The Star’s Sokyo and Kiyomi) and Chef Victor Liong (Melbourne’s Lee Ho Fook) will turn tradition on its head at Chuuka by converging the distinct flavours and techniques of Japan and China into one visionary dining experience featuring fresh local produce.
Chuuka will feature a spectacular 130-seat dining area across two levels, including an indulgent wine room and an outdoor bar area with panoramic views across the harbour.
We are currently looking for a passionate and highly dedicated Demi Chef to join the culinary team at Chuuka. This is an opportunity for you to develop your skills under the supervision of some of the best chefs in Sydney.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Previous experience as a Chef within a reputable F&B or restaurant operation or fine dining.
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Strong understanding of Asian cuisine, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Experience working with Pastry is desired
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- The ability to effectively and efficiently co-ordinate and work as part of the team
- Passion, enthusiasm and flair in the culinary space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Reporting to the Head Chef, you will engage with guests and proactively seek opportunities to deliver memorable dining experiences. Ensure a fresh, positive and exciting environment where safety, flawless delivery and execution of product excellence and service are paramount.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive some great benefits at The Star, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars, restaurants & the Lyric Theatre, meals provided daily, subsidised city parking, uniforms provided and laundered daily plus much more!
It's all yours for the taking. Come and play!
The Star Entertainment Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend