Job no: 516541
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
We are currently looking for a passionate and highly dedicated Sous Chef to join the culinary team at The Star.
We are looking for passionate and highly dedicated Sous Chef to join the culinary team. You will support the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen management, including ordering, production schedules, budgeting, training, menu creation and staffing. You will ensure flawless service standards to our guests.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Previous experience in a 5-star hotel, high volume fine restaurant
- Demonstrated ability in planning, resourcing and controlling expenses
- Strong operational leadership and motivation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- The desire to succeed and further your career
Duties will include:
- Implement, control and analyse the level of production & operating to ensure optimum performance in all areas.
- Participate in preparation of menus and pricing policies by applying a sound knowledge of the following: - local requirements, market needs, competition - trends, recipes, daily specials and availability of products.
- Assist Chef de Cuisine in developing formal training plans, conduct on-the-job training sessions, then through performance reviews and tests measure training effectiveness and staff levels. Train staff in up-coming food trends.
- Develop and maintain high standards of hygiene within kitchens.
- Perform all related duties and special projects as assigned by Culinary Management.
- Salary $75-85K (Including 9.5% Super)
What benefits are there to work for the Star Sydney?
- Work with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Learn new techniques and use modern equipment
- Infinite career possibilities
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- Free meals
- Free light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounted rooms in The Star Entertainment Group across Australia
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants, JB-Hifi, Virgin Airlines and many more!
So if you feel you have the skills and motivation to make a success of this opportunity, apply now for your chance to become a part of the excitement and glamour that is The Star!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend