Job no: 516776
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Risk, HR, OH&S
The Star Entertainment Group is Australia’s leading integrated resort provider. Outstanding customer experience is our passion and central to our brand proposition. We are highly competitive and our operations are broad and dynamic. Our commitment is that every one of our guests enjoys a thrilling experience and that we reflect a local pride in everything we do.
Working at The Star Entertainment Group brings some great benefits, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars & restaurants, lunch provided daily, discounted city parking plus much more!
A dynamic role where you hold the cards
The Star is a unique and growing organisation. To assist us, we are seeking an experienced Safety Advisor to join our team. Your role will be to undertake activities that enable the company to realise its vision and achieve the objectives of reducing incidents and injuries and improving the health and productivity and wellbeing of team members.
You will have a demonstrated ability in developing productive relationships and managing and driving change. Your communication skills will be exceptional, especially your ability to engage with different levels of business stakeholder to bring them on the safety journey.
Key tasks include:
- Develop relationships with line management and supervisors that result in transfer of knowledge and frontline engagement with the WHS program.
- Proactively identify WHS risk issues in the business and work with line management and the WHS team to develop and implement effective controls.
- Work with the WHS team to continually improve the WHS systems, processes and programs.
- Assist in conduct audit and inspections with line management and HSRs that result in action plans for improvement.
- Attend meetings to ensure that WHS is incorporated into decision making at the design and planning stage of projects.
- Participate in incident investigations to ensure that root causes are identified, effective corrective actions are developed and implemented and the information is shared
Capabilities you will bring
- Operational WHS experience in a large organisation, preferably customer focused industry
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent
- Understanding of Work Health & Safety legislation and standards
- Ability to develop and review SWMS/WHS Plans for complex tasks or projects.
The Star Entertainment group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend