Junior Sous Chef - Pastry
Job no: 516953
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
We are currently looking for a passionate and highly dedicated Junior Sous Chef to join the Pastry production team at The Star. This is an opportunity for you to develop your skills under the supervision of some of the best chefs in Australia.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie within a High Volume, fast paced Pastry Production environment.
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Passion, enthusiasm and flair in the culinary space
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Duties will include:
- Be accountable for overseeing a section of the Pastry kitchen to ensure that the overall operation runs smoothly and effectively.
- Handle and follow up all incidents immediately, and report accurately
- Train staff at lower levels and coach and direct employees to perform to Kitchen Operations.
- Have thorough menu, product, portion control and preparation knowledge.
- Maintaining food cost to parameter given by the company.
- Keeping outlet ahead of HACCP standards.
- Salary $70 - 72k inclusive of Super
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive some great benefits at The Star, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars, restaurants & the Lyric Theatre, meals provided daily, subsidised city parking, uniforms provided and laundered daily plus much more!
So if you feel you have the skills and motivation to make a success of this opportunity, apply now for your chance to become a part of the excitement and glamour that is The Star!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend