AV Production Manager
Job no: 516976
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Audio Visual
AV Production Manager
The Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre is a world-class venue that accommodates a range of conventions, exhibitions, sporting and entertainment events. As a purpose built convention and exhibition centre, we offer our clients unsurpassed conferencing and exhibition facilities and services, including advanced technological infrastructure and an in house Audio Visual (AV) team.
Our in-house AV experts work with all clients from developing creative concepts, through to event delivery and post event debrief meetings to ensure that no matter the size, or level of complexity we deliver an exceptional event experience every time. The AV team have delivered some of the largest and technically complex corporate events held in Australia and is continually working on new ways to bring client concepts to life.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an AV expert to join our team as a full-time Production Manager. The Production Manager will report to the Executive Manager – Technology and will be responsible for managing and delivering live events. AV knowledge and project management skills will be well utilised in this hands-on frontline leadership role, as well as organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
About the role! Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with Technical Event Managers to design, manage and deliver live events
- Managing and maintaining venue AV infrastructure
- Managing technician briefings
- Producing technical floor plans, systems schematics and production schedules
- Managing cross hires
- Ensuring all team members and contractors are observing work health and safety requirements
- Providing leadership, direction and training to technicians
- Making recommendations on AV purchasing
- Managing the efficient utilization of the venues AV inventory
About you! You will have
- AV industry experience in a leadership role
- Extensive experience in the design and delivery of large events
- Proven project management and organizational skills with respect to event planning
- Thorough understanding of all AV production systems and AV Services (audio, lighting and vision)
- Knowledge of Vectorworks and the use of or experience with R2 software or similar
- Ability to understand and recommend solutions for troubleshooting
- Rigging qualification preferred
- The ability to work a range of shifts, including days, nights and weekends
- Excellent presentation, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude – self motivation is essential
We welcome applications for this position until 5pm on Friday 24th May 2019.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend