Junior Sous Chef - SOKYO
Job no: 517180
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
We are currently looking for a passionate and highly dedicated Junior Sous Chef to join the SOYKO team at The Star.
Chase Kojima and his team use the finest local produce to create an imaginative menu of sashimi, tempura and melt-in-the-mouth meats cooked over the robata grill. And with its own fusion of uber-cool ambience and eclectic energy, Sokyo is an experience unlike any other.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie within a working in a busy, fast-paced Japanese restaurant operation or fine dining.
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- The ability to effectively and efficiently co-ordinate and work as part of the team
- Passion, enthusiasm and flair in the culinary space
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Duties will include:
- Be accountable for overseeing a section of the kitchen to ensure that the overall operation runs smoothly and effectively.
- Handle and follow up all incidents immediately, and report accurately
- Train staff at lower levels and coach and direct employees to perform to Kitchen Operations.
- Have thorough menu, product, portion control and preparation knowledge.
- Maintaining food cost to parameter given by the company.
- Keeping outlet ahead of HACCP standards.
- Salary $67 – $74k (including 9.5% Super)
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive some great benefits at The Star, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars, restaurants & the Lyric Theatre, meals provided daily, subsidised city parking, uniforms provided and laundered daily plus much more!
So if you feel you have the skills and motivation to make a success of this opportunity, apply now for your chance to become a part of the excitement and glamour that is The Star!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend