Employee Relations Advisor
Job no: 517289
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As an Employee Relations Advisor you will be responsible for facilitating, influencing and providing resolution advice to leaders and team members on a wide range of Industrial Relations and Employee Relations matters across The Star Entertainment’s business units. You will be executing this whilst ensuring compliance with our star qualities, policies and procedures.
Our ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for ER and enjoy the challenge of a fast paced and varied ER/IR work load.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Support and provide advice (including involvement in disciplinary meetings where necessary) to frontline managers. Including behavioural or performance management related matters, disputes on leave, grievances, non-work-related injuries and long term unplanned leave
- End to end case management of all medium and high-risk ER cases ie. from drafting correspondence relating to a case, providing advice throughout the process, completing all administration to resolution of the case
- Lead and conduct workplace investigations into employee grievances and allegations to resolution
- Deliver effective coaching and development to line managers resulting in a positive impact on business performance and preventing a re-occurrence of issues
- Represent The Star in industrial relations/ employee relations matters with team members, unions, employer bodies and industrial authorities for lower risk matters
- Respond to enquiries from union officials and/or delegates when they raise matters pertaining to Enterprise Agreements and other business decisions
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous 2 years experience in an Employee Relations/ Industrial Relations role
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Employee Relations or Industrial Relations preferred
- Understanding of the operation of the Fair Work Commission and other employment related agencies
- Prior experience in providing HR advisory to managers
- Strong communication, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Ability to manage highly confidential information and personal matters in a professional manner
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- $10 staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend