Employee Relations Specialist
Job no: 517290
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As an Employee Relations Specialist you will be responsible for leading and managing 3 direct reports and ensuring day to day case management is being effectively managed from initial correspondence through to resolution. You will provide advice and support to senior leaders on performance management, investigations, disciplinary procedures, non-work-related injuries and litigation.
We are looking for someone who is adept and passionate about Employee Relations as well as coaching, leading and mentoring a team in a busy and diverse environment.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Provide advice, guidance and support to ER Advisors and our ER Administrator on different approaches and strategies to adopt
- Maintain and manage risk mitigation across the team and business to ensure win-win business outcomes on Employee Relations matters
- Ensure fair, ethical and consistent case outcomes through strategic advice and direction given to ER Advisors and ER Administrators
- End-to-end case management of all high-risk complex ER cases from initial correspondence through to resolution
- Conduct complex workplace investigations into employee grievances and involvement in high risk disciplinary meetings where necessary
- Advocacy and representation of The Star in Industrial Relations/ Employee Relations disputes with team members, unions, employer bodies and industrial authorities
- Prepare and present monthly reports on volumes, trends etc. Identifying opportunities, and putting forward recommendations, for continuous improvement
- Identify skills and knowledge gaps and deliver training, coaching and education sessions to build on existing skills, close knowledge gaps and build leadership capability
- Ensure ER projects are implemented successfully using effective project management skills - planning, analysis, monitoring, communication, reporting and risk management
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous 4 years’ experience in an Employee Relations/ Industrial Relations role (ideally within a fast paced, high volume organisation)
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Employee Relations preferred
- Working knowledge of relevant workplace legislation, regulations and enterprise agreements
- Strong understanding of the Fair Work Commission and other employment related agencies
- Prior experience in providing advice to senior leaders and being a true business partner
- High level communication, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Ideally have experience in leading a team
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- $10 staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend