Kitchen Services Supervisor Casual
Job no: 518382
Work type: Casual
Location: Gold Coast
2 Casual Kitchen Services Supervisors
The Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre is located in the heart of Broadbeach and has been successfully hosting small and large events, conferences and exhibitions for local, national and international clients since July 2004. The Centre offers clients state of the art equipment, services and facilities and features a 6,000 seat arena divisible into three spaces, more than 6,000 square metres of exhibition space divisible into four halls and 22 meeting rooms of varying size.
Opportunities now exist to join the leadership team within the Kitchen Services area.
As a Kitchen Services Supervisor, you will support the management team by ensuring all tasks within the stewarding area are performed effectively and efficiently. You will have a commitment to providing a high calibre of service and you will possess natural leadership abilities.
About the role!
This is a hands-on leadership role and regular responsibilities will include:
- Providing instructions, feedback and support to team members
- Main point of contact with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef
- Supervising the effective performance of team members’ duties
- Assisting in food hygiene tasks, such as temperature checks
- Assisting with food preparation and clean-up
- Washing and cleaning dishes and utensils that are returned to the kitchen
- Handling, sorting, storing and distributing food items
- Receiving food items and storing them appropriately
The ideal candidate for this role will possess:
- Extensive experience in a fast paced food handling or stewarding environment essential
- Availability to work a rotating roster including days, nights and weekends
- Good working knowledge of food hygiene standards and guidelines and work health and safety policies and procedures relevant to the kitchen area
- Ability to work as part of a team and to lead a team to success
- Initiative and judgement and the ability to work unsupervised with limited instructions
- A commitment to providing consistent excellent guest service
- Enthusiasm, energy and a “can do” attitude
- Positive, flexible and hands on approach
Applications for this role will be accepted up to 6 September 2019.
Full working rights in Australia are required for this role. Due to the nature of our business Student Visas and Working Holiday visas will not be considered.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend