General Duties Supervisor
Job no: 518420
Work type: Casual
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Room Set Up & Pack Down (GDs)
General Duties Supervisor
This is a hands-on leadership role, that involves providing assistance to the General Duties Manager in executing room sets and break downs for all event areas within the Centre as well as providing direction and guidance to the General Duties team members.
Specific responsibilities of the Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all room sets and break downs are completed on time as assigned by the General Duties Manager, Food & Beverage Manager or the event resume.
- Ensuring all equipment and furniture is moved with the utmost care following manual handling guidelines.
- Ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of all general duties equipment, storage rooms, facilities and service areas.
- Supervising the day to day operations of General Duties team;
- Ensuring both department and company policies and procedures are being observed by all team members and the development of new procedures where relevant to the General Duties functions;
- Assisting in the coordination of training and development for the department, including delivering training where necessary; and
- Ensuring the GCCEC Work Health and Safety requirements are met within the department through compliance with all policies, procedures and programmes
Hours of work and employment status
This is a casual role, therefore hours of work are determined by the nature of our events and can be any time of the day or night and includes weekend shifts. There is no set number of hours per week or set days, however given this is a supervisory role the successful applicant will need to be very flexible and readily available.
The following skills, experience and abilities are required of the successful applicant
- A demonstrated ability to lead and positively influence team members
- A positive and productive performance record, with no history of performance management and/or disciplinary action
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing ability
- Sound knowledge of WH&S legislation
- Excellent knowledge of room set-up styles
- Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Applications for this role will be accepted up to 23rd August 2019. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience having regard to the above mentioned qualities.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend