Group Sales Manager - Business Events
Job no: 518428
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Business Development, Hotel
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options
What we are looking for
As our Group Sales Manager – Business Events, your main goal is to drive revenue from the Business Events sector, maximising occupancy and yielding opportunities generated from meetings, incentives, conventions, exhibitions, banquet functions and special events to provide sustainable business at our properties in Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane.
Alongside this you will be providing leadership and direction to achieve business goals in the key areas of guest services, team development and financial performance.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Sales in the development and implementation of a business plan and new sales strategies with the intent to secure appropriate business for The Star Entertainment Group
- Provide leadership with a focus on Business Events to increase revenue via sales, based on reaching and exceeding budgeted targets.
- Provide strategic direction and a business plan, outlining core objectives for allocated markets and develop a sales action plan to ensure KPI’s are achieved
- Understand organisations that can provide business for The Star Entertainment Group; identify their motivators and influencers to secure their business and ensure introductions across all key accounts
- Drive initiatives to create new and repeat business
- Develop strategies that will counter competitor promotional activities
- Execute customer relationship building and retention activities
- Present solutions to clients via professional proposals and RFP’s and negotiate to contract
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service for our customers
- Represent The Star Entertainment Group at trade shows, sales missions and sales presentations ensuring that maximum exposure within the market is achieved to promote the benefits of doing business with our company
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Prior experience in a Sales Manager role ideally within Hospitality is required
- Tertiary qualifications in Hospitality Management, Hotel Management or Business is advantageous
- Extensive experience within the business events sector including established relationships with Professional Conference Organisers, corporate, association, government, incentive, industry decision makers
- Strong desire to achieve results
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as required
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and forever changing environment
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend