Senior Financial Accountant
Job no: 518469
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
We are looking for Senior Financial Accountant to join our Group Accounting Services team in Brisbane, who can deliver high quality accounting services and manage relationships with main stakeholders.
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As our Senior Financial Accountant, your main responsibility will be to perform financial accounting services for the Fixed Assets and Corporate accounting functions ensuring delivery to deadlines and compliance with Group policies.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
• Perform financial accounting services including journal preparation, month end GL close, balance sheet reconciliations and tax support
• Ensure Fixed Assets operate in an efficient and effective manner, complying with regulatory and contractual requirements
• Deliver timely and relevant monthly reporting to finance partners.
• Identify, recommend, specify and implement continuous business process improvement of processes, policies and procedures
• Take the lead to develop close engagement with business partner and corporate finance teams.
• Investigation and resolution of internal accounting process or control issues
• Provide support for internal/external audits and any due diligence work (as required)
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CA/ CPA qualified (+5 years)
• Demonstrated experience with Fixed Assets and Corporate accounting in financial accounting role (+5 years)
• Computer skills (Oracle, TM1, Advanced Excel)
• Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
• Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
• FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
• Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
• Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend