Job no: 518476
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
We are looking for a Management Accountant to join our Group Accounting Services team who can deliver high quality, customer service oriented management accounting services for the Group, ensuring delivery to deadlines and effective business partnering.
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As our Management Accountant, you will perform management accounting services for the IT, Hospitality or Marketing functions. You will be responsible for the reliable and timely completion of the month end close process with base level analysis and commentary.
You will be a trusted business partner and have high engagement with the finance teams and cost centre managers. You will have an appetite for continuous improvement and alignment.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Perform analysis of P&L to assist with month end processing and reporting.
- Liaise and assist business partners including cost centre owners with all accounting and reporting related matters and queries.
- Educate cost centre owners to assist business decision making and obtain financial information themselves.
- Support the provision of excellence and consistency in data management of the KPI’s
- Active involvement in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Identify and implement initiatives to achieve alignment, standardisation and excellence in reporting and analysis, and reduce duplication of reporting through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Champion collaboration between all finance support for the group, and support effective communication and accountability between Accounting Services, FP&A and the Commercial Manager groups to achieve finance objectives.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CA/ CPA qualified.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar management accounting, FP&A or finance support role.
- Experience supporting IT, Marketing, or Hospitality desirable
- Computer skills (Oracle, TM1, Advanced Excel).
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend