Group Planning Manager - Corporate
Job no: 518509
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
We are looking for a Group Planning Manager who can drive initiative across Group Finance, Accounting Services and the business to achieve alignment, standardisation and excellence in reporting and analysis as well as deliver analysis and commercial insights against financial targets and historical performance to enable informed business and investment decisions.
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As our Group Planning Manager Corporate, your main goal in this position is to effectively manage the Group FP&A process for budgeting, forecasting and reporting and deliver excellence in FP&A to key customers including the GM FP&A, Commercial Leads and Commercial Managers for Gaming, Marketing, Hospitality NSW and QLD.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Manage the Group wide annual planning, budgeting and forecasting cycles by setting timetables and guidelines, providing financial guidance on market and Board expectation and managing the Group’s delivery to deadlines.
- Identify and implement initiatives to achieve alignment, standardisation and excellence in budgeting, forecasting reporting and analysis across the group horizontals and verticals, and reduce duplication of reporting.
- Identify and analyse key business trends and issues based on actual, forecasted and budgeted data; Coordinate variance analysis, financial assessment and trend analysis of the business in support of longer range planning and transformation.
- Build relationships with Commercial Leads, Commercial Managers and management teams to achieve accountabilities.
- Support Commercials Managers by providing accurate, clear, consistent and timely reporting and insights that accurately and efficiently consolidates and presents information prepared across property verticals and functional horizontals (Gaming, Marketing and Hospitality).
- Support the GM FP&A and Commercial Managers to drive adoption for new forums and techniques to measure and analyse financial performance and implement effective frameworks to monitor and achieve commercial outcomes.
- Support the GM FP&A to identify further opportunities to transition repeatable processes to Group Accounting Services and identify opportunities to drive more appropriate materiality considerations in reporting and analysis.
- Undertake analysis of group wide profitability drivers to provide insights to business owners on achieving targets.
- Identify and drive initiatives to further embed technology into reporting and analysis across the group to improve alignment and efficiency.
- Prepare benchmarking and productivity improvement analysis across properties to enable Commercial Managers to be make informed decisions.
- Support corporate and functional management in the development of business plans and the preparation of budgets and forecasts. Monitor achievement against these targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Support month end process for corporate such as accrual reviews, cost allocations and month end reporting to cost centre owners.
- Performance analysis and review of special projects or capital projects as required.
- Proactively communicate to become a crucial enabling resource in the business that allows management to make informed business and investment decisions.
- Interact with project teams and center of excellence heads to determine root cause for deviations from project plans.
- Advise center of excellence associates regarding development of preventive and corrective action plans.
- Strive to support the development of the Group Planning Analyst, and the broader Group FP&A and Group Accounting Services teams, through coaching and mentoring and overseeing the achievement of all performance objectives.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Business Degree or tertiary qualifications.
- 8+ years management accounting experience in similar large ASX corporates.
- Proficient with planning and data discovery tools (eg TM1, Hyperion, Cognos).
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Exposure to a casino and/or gaming environment desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic Finance advisory or consultancy, decision support for business line managers.
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- $10 staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend