Junior Sous Chef - Fat Noodle
Job no: 518556
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
Fat Noodle has an open kitchen in full swing day and night. The man behind this Asian street food inspired venue is Luke Nguyen, one of Australia's leading celebrity chefs.
Fun, funky and dynamic Asian street food inspired dishes with mix of Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai and Malay, Fat Noodles’ menu has a hawker style concept.
We are currently looking for a passionate and highly dedicated Junior Sous Chef to join the culinary team at Fat Noodle - The Star.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie within a reputable F&B or restaurant operation or fine dining.
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Extensive experience using the Wok
- Passion, enthusiasm and flair in the culinary space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends, overnights and holidays
Duties will include:
- Be accountable for overseeing a section of the kitchen to ensure that the overall operation runs smoothly and effectively.
- Handle and follow up all incidents immediately, and report accurately
- Train staff at lower levels and coach and direct employees to perform to Kitchen Operations.
- Have thorough menu, product, portion control and preparation knowledge.
- Maintaining food cost to parameter given by the company.
- Keeping outlet ahead of HACCP standards.
- Salary $67 – $74k (including 9.5% Super)
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive some great benefits at The Star, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars, restaurants & the Lyric Theatre, meals provided daily, subsidised city parking, uniforms provided and laundered daily plus much more!
So if you feel you have the skills and motivation to make a success of this opportunity, apply now for your chance to become a part of the excitement and glamour that is The Star!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend