General Hand - The Star Sydney
Job no: 518687
Work type: Casual, Permanent Full-Time, Permanent Part-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
We have brought together some of the world's top chefs and this is your chance to work alongside them.
We are looking for dedicated Cook/General Hand to join our Culinary team within The Star. This is an opportunity for you to work with some of the best chefs in Australia, learn new techniques and use brand new equipment.
Currently we have opportunities available across the property and at our signature restaurants and production kitchens.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous cooking experience in a commercial kitchen is essential
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume operation
- Eye for detail
- The desire to succeed and want a career as a Chef
- Experience in a reputable hotel would be advantageous.
The Star is open 24/7, so it is essential that you have availability to work across a rotating roster.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be provided with a fantastic working environment, meals daily, fully laundered uniforms and other great benefits.
What benefits are there to work for the Star Sydney?
- Work with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Learn new techniques and use modern equipment
- Training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- Free meals
- Free light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounted rooms in The Star Entertainment Group across Australia
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants, JB-Hifi, Virgin Airlines and many more!
If you are passionate about food and the taking the next step in your career please apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend