Job no: 518922
Work type: Fixed Term Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As a Payroll Administrator at The Star Entertainment Group your main goal in this position is to process all payroll, personnel and administration documentation in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with statutory requirements and policy and procedure.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Complete the production of the monthly/fortnightly/weekly payrolls accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with the relevant legislative requirements and The Star’s policy and procedures
- Prepare PAYG payments as per legislative requirement on a timely basis
- Develop a sound knowledge of Enterprise Agreements, statutory requirements, remuneration and benefits, and payroll/personnel administration policies and procedures
- Prepare and issue certificates of service, separation certificates, confirmation of service and earnings letters, STP and RBL forms as required
- Resolve administrative queries and/or tasks from employees and escalate as required
- Ensure accurate costing of all payroll associated expenditure and where required liaise
- Prepare Payroll Tax reconciliation and payment as part of month end process
- Identify and recommend continuous business process improvement of processes, policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 2-3 years experience in a Payroll position within a large corporate organisation (workforce of 1000 + employees in both salaried and Award positions is advantageous)
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Business Administration or a similar field
- Strong computer skills especially in Excel (experience in Oracle is advantageous)
- Understanding of relevant laws and legislation
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with both an autonomous and a team player attitude
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- $10 staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend