Job no: 520654
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
We are looking for highly experienced Solution Designer with strong knowledge of end to end development process. You will play a critical role in delivering a technical lens on applications and ensure successful development and execution.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers.
- Translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Identifies and escalates logical design gaps for achieving project outcome.
- Produces detailed design documentation.
- Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- Specifies user/system interfaces.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Information management or equivalent
- Experience: >10+ years verifiable experience in solution development
- Knowledge of end to end development process
- Proven technical aptitude in one or more domains
- Deep technical expertise
- Well developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to achieve outcomes through persuasion
- Experience with Software AG WebMethods (Highly Regarded)
- Experience with Azure Integration (Mandatory)
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to the find balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend