Job no: 520863
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Chef / cook
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest centred ideology that drives what we do each and every day.
Internationally trained Executive Chef of Asian Cuisine – Chef Song Yao Su has developed the menu drawing from his decades of experience overseas and his flair for combining traditional Mandarin and Cantonese ingredients producing inspired interpretations of Asian classics.
We are looking for passionate Specialty Chef to join the team. You will support the Executive Chef in all aspects of kitchen management, including ordering, production schedules, budgeting, training, menu creation and staffing. You will ensure flawless service standards to our guests.
Duties will include:
- Implement, control and analyse the level of production & operating to ensure optimum performance in all areas
- Participate in preparation of menus and pricing policies by applying a sound knowledge of the following: - local requirements, market needs, competition - trends, recipes, daily specials and availability of products
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing formal training plans, conduct on-the-job training sessions, then through performance reviews and tests measure training effectiveness and staff levels. Train staff in up-coming food trends
- Develop and maintain high standards of hygiene within kitchens
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Previous experience in a 5-star hotel, high volume fine dining restaurant
- Fluent in English & Cantonese is beneficial
- Computer skills essential
- Demonstrated ability in planning, resourcing and controlling expenses
- Strong operational leadership and motivation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- The desire to succeed and further your career
- Flexible availability over a 7 day roster
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you’re interested in joining the team, submit your application now or head to our website to check out the positions currently available.
We’d love to hear from you!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend