Junior Sous Chef | BLACK Bar & Grill
Job no: 519449
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
BLACK Bar & Grill award winning restaurant lead by Executive Chef Dany Karam and his team presents the finest steakhouse cuisine inspired by contemporary Australia and its seasonal produce.
The menu showcases the best Australian produce with emphasis on fresh and seasonal ingredients. There’s an encyclopaedic wine list with unique, old and rare bottles complementing the menu perfectly.
About the role
We are recruiting for a passionate Jr. Sous to join the award-winning team at Black. This is an opportunity to be mentored by some of the best chefs in the industry, learn new techniques and be part of the culinary team of The Star Sydney.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie within a reputable restaurant operation or fine dining restaurant
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- The ability to effectively and efficiently co-ordinate and work as part of the team
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- Proactive, problem-solving and attention to detail skills highly regarded
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
You will be part of a diverse team of chefs, they are warm, engaging, and dedicated to making a difference. They are hardworking and committed team players to be the best they can be to deliver a personalised service to our guests.
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend