Chef De Cuisine | Chuuka
Job no: 519459
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
Two of Australia’s most celebrated chefs Chase Kojima and Victor Liong have turned tradition on its head at Chuuka by converging the distinct flavours and techniques of Japan and China into one visionary dining experience featuring fresh local produce.
Chuuka has a spectacular open kitchen and a 130-seat dining area across two levels, including an indulgent wine room and an outdoor bar area with panoramic views across the harbour.
Reporting to the Director of Culinary, you will lead a team of 24 chefs and manage all aspects of kitchen operations, including ordering, production schedules, budgeting, training and development and menu creation. You will ensure flawless service standards to our guests.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Solid experience in award-wining restaurants
- Strong understanding of Chinese and Japanese cuisine, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Demonstrated ability in planning, resourcing and controlling expenses
- Strong operational leadership and motivation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Duties will include:
- Implement, control and analyse the level of production & operating to ensure optimum performance in all areas
- Preparation of menus and pricing policies by applying a sound knowledge of the following: - local requirements, market needs, competition - trends, recipes, daily specials and availability of products
- Develop formal training plans, including performance reviews
- Develop and maintain high standards of hygiene within kitchens
- Perform all related duties and special projects as assigned by Culinary Management
What benefits are there to work for the Star Sydney?
- Work with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Learn new techniques and use modern equipment
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- Free meals on duty
- Free light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants and many more!
It's all yours for the taking. Come and play!
The Star Entertainment Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend