Facilities Operations Manager
Job no: 519473
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Construction and Project Management
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As a Facilities Operations Manager the main responsibility of your role will be to manage and coordinate all maintenance works and also Facilities personnel to achieve effective and efficient completion of work orders.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Oversee the operational functions of the Facilities operations, to achieve the department’s objectives in conjunction with division and company objectives
- Manage the respective Supervisors (a team of 8) to ensure preventative & corrective maintenance & repairs are programmed and scheduled through the Maximo Asset Management System
- Review, develop and implement policies and procedures ensuring operational and quality service standards are maintained across the Facilities department.
- Provide on-going evaluation of operating techniques, and develop and implement new methods to maximise efficiency
- Ensure assets are added to Maximo and maintenance programs are scheduled, to ensure full asset life of the equipment
- Monitor the productivity of the Facilities team members, review and discuss Maximo reports with direct reports on a monthly basis
- Coordinate, prioritise and schedule work orders between other departments and Facilities
- Oversee the implementation of daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual preventative maintenance programs
- Coordinate recovery operations in the event of emergencies such as fires and power failures
- Manage and coordinate minor works of contractors such as but not limited to, gas & electrical kitchen appliances, floor repairs, paving repairs
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering and/or Facilities Management
- Previous 5 years experience in Facilities/ Building Management (ideally within a large organisation/complex)
- Previous 3 years experience in a leadership role
- Strong ability to build rapport and relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment with conflicting deadlines
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend