Project Lead People Risk and Compliance
Job no: 519483
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
About the role
With over 8000 dedicated Team Members, our internal People processes are important to us. Proactively reviewing processes, systems and approaches to people initiatives with a risk and compliance mindset is what this role is all about.
Working in a collaborative team and leading direct reports, this role is ideal for a proactive leader who appreciates attention to detail, has a strategic mindset and is dedicated to seeing short, and longer, term projects through to completion.Utilising your experiences in HR, Projects, or Risk and Compliance, you will be responsible for supporting the identification, assessment and monitoring of operational risk plus leading project-based compliance requirements and regulatory change across People and Performance.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Identify, assess, plan a response to and monitor People based risks
- Work with the People and Performance team to strengthen people risk management practices
- Progress and support risk and compliance-based initiatives already underway
- Work with the ER Team to ensure HR processes, procedures, systems, documentation and 3rd party contracts are compliant with legal, regulatory and compliance frameworks
- Report on People Risk and Compliance
- Liaising with our internal Legal, Risk and Audit teams to ensure a consolidated approach to Risk management
- Keeping up to date with local and global regulatory change within the People space to ensure process impacts are proactively managed and implemented across the business
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A strong Employee Relations, People Services or Risk background;
- Previous HR experience or exposure to auditing/providing risk advice to HR teams will allow you to understand the policies and practices and assess accordingly;
- Prior experience in navigating Operational Risk management framework tools and methodologies;
- Be confident to present data and status updates to Steerco’s and Executive team;
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner;
- A curious mind, strong analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional communication skills, you’ll be liaising with a wide range of senior stakeholders and your ability to clearly articulate both People and Performance and Risk processes will enable you to influence and achieve.
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend