Junior Sous Chefs | Cucina Porto
Job no: 519507
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
A new Italian restaurant is coming to The Star and we are on the hunt for Junior Sous Chefs to join our cucina team!
You will be an energetic and professional chef with considerable experience and knowledge of Italian cuisine.
If you see yourself working in an Italian restaurant, offering a casual dining experience loaded with energy, fun and delicious traditional ‘home-cooked’ meals, we want to hear from you!
Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie within a reputable F&B or restaurant operation or fine dining
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- The ability to effectively and efficiently co-ordinate and work as part of the team
- Passion, enthusiasm and flair in the culinary space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Duties will include:
- Be accountable for overseeing a section of the kitchen to ensure that the overall operation runs smoothly and effectively
- Handle and follow up all incidents immediately, and report accurately
- Train staff at lower levels and coach and direct employees to perform to Kitchen Operations
- Have thorough menu, product, portion control and preparation knowledge
- Maintaining food cost to parameter given by the company
- Keeping outlet ahead of HACCP standards
Simply express your interest online by clicking on "Apply now" and upload your (updated) resume.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend