Job no: 519650
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
The main function of this role will be to assist the Chief Steward to lead and organise a large team of 40+ Stewarding staff, manage operations in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements whilst providing a high level of guest experience to our stakeholders.
- Operations –Support the Stewards in performing their allocated duties including ware washing, cleaning, soaking and sanitation
- HACCP / WHS - Develop and maintain high standards of service and hygiene within outlets
- Conduct cleaning and safety standard inspections and report any hazards or defects
- Engage and communicate with outlet mangers to ensure that operational and service requirements are maintained through efficient rostering
- Recruit, train and develop the team (including performance reviews)
- Budget - Supervise and record the collection and control of chemicals, cleaning supplies and oil used in outlets
- Remove daily, garbage and waste materials and ensure correct recycling and waste materials is completed
As this leadership role is highly focused on cleanliness and hygiene within the hospitality industry, the successful candidate will have:
- Solid working experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry
- Clear understanding of recycling and WHS procedures
- Excellent communications skill, both verbal and written
- Availability to work across a 24/7 rotating roster
- Strong administration and problem-solving skills
Benefits of working at The Star
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- Free meals on duty
- Free light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants and many more!
Sound like the role for you? Let’s talk.
Click on the link apply now and submit your application and update resume, no cover letter required.
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
Due to the in-depth training provided within the job, we can only consider candidates that hold unrestricted working rights in Australia (i.e. Australian Citizen and/or Permanent Resident).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend