Concierge | The Star Grand Hotel & Residences
Job no: 519659
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Concierge / Valet /Porters, Management
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
Our recently fully refurbished The Star Grand Hotel & Residences’ Bell Desk team is seeking an experienced Concierge with in-depth knowledge of Concierge operations within a fast-paced, five-star environment to drive and manage our Porte-Cochere, oversee operations and lead our fun & diverse team.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and motivate our Bell Desk team to continuously deliver five-star service in line with The Star's Service Culture
- Recruit, train and develop our team of 40 (including performance reviews)
- Coordinating daily operations and delegating tasks accordingly this includes (but not limited to) the arrival and departure of guests, delivery and collection of luggage, valet parking and retrieval of guest's vehicles
- Responding to guest feedback and proactively implementing processes to improve on guest experience
- Using your extensive knowledge of the CBD, tourist destinations, attractions and restaurant to assist guest reservations and bookings
- Creating exceptional service experiences that result in lasting memories
- Controlling costs through effective staffing levels
As the role is highly focused on guest experience, the successful candidate will be a leader who enjoys interacting with people with the goal being to achieve guest service excellence every day.
The successful applicant will have:
- Solid leadership experience in a 5-star luxury hotel environment, Concierge and/or Bell Captain is advantageous
- Have excellent knowledge of Sydney, tourist attractions, restaurants, theatres, sporting events, harbour cruises, fashion, retail and much more
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Ability to work on a 7-day rotating roster
- Awareness and sensitivity to the concept of luxury and quality
- Possess a full driver’s license
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to current events, it is important to note you must be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident and or have full Australian working rights with no restrictions to be considered for this role. The Star Entertainment Group cannot offer international sponsorships at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend