Junior Sous Chef | The Star
Job no: 519809
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
We are currently looking for a passionate and highly dedicated Junior Sous Chef to join the culinary team at The Star. Based on your skills and experiences you will be assigned to work at one of The Star’s signature or casual dining venues including in room dining, banquets or our private dining rooms!
This is a great opportunity for you to progress your career and develop your skills under the supervision of some of the best chefs in Sydney.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Solid experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- The ability to effectively and efficiently co-ordinate and work as part of the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Duties will include:
- Be accountable for overseeing a section of the kitchen
- Train staff at lower levels, coach and guide employees to perform kitchen operations
- Handle and follow up all incidents immediately, and report accurately
- Maintaining food cost to parameter given by the company
- Keeping outlet ahead of HACCP standards
You will be part of a diverse team of chefs, they are warm, engaging, and dedicated to making a difference. They are hardworking and committed team players to be the best they can be to deliver a personalised service to our guests.
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
So, if you feel you have the skills and motivation to make a success of this opportunity, apply now for your chance to become a part of the excitement and glamour that is The Star!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend