Junior Sous Chef - Expressions on Interest | Sokyo (pastry)
Job no: 520113
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
Awarded One Chef’s Hat for seven consecutive years by the Sydney Morning Herald’s Good Food Guide, Head Chef Chase Kojima and his team use the finest local produce to create an imaginative Japanese-inspired menu.
With its own fusion of uber-cool ambience and eclectic energy, Sokyo is an experience unlike any other. The 175-seat restaurant is located within the lobby of The Darling hotel, Sydney’s first and only luxury hotel to receive the prestigious Forbes five-star rating – the most coveted award in global luxury travel.
About the role
You will be an experienced pastry chef with the skills and the ability to create a seasonal dessert menu for Sokyo and lead the day to day pastry section. This is an opportunity for you to work with talented, dedicated chefs, learn new techniques and be a key team player in the kitchen.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Over 2 years’ experience as a pastry Junior Sous Chef within a prestigious F&B environment
- Strong understanding of Japanese produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Food and Beverage culinary management experience and solid leadership skills
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
You will be part of a diverse team of 36 chefs, they are warm, engaging, and dedicated to making a difference. They are hardworking and committed team players to be the best they can be to deliver a personalised service to our guests.
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and morae!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend