Assistant Front Office Manager | The Darling and The Star Grand Hotel & Residences
Job no: 520117
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Front Office, Management
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
The Darling, Sydney's first and only luxury hotel to receive the prestigious Forbes five-star rating and our recently fully refurbished The Star Grand Hotel & Residences have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Front Office Supervisor/AFOM to join their Front Office leadership team.
You will support the Front Office Manager to lead and empower the Front Office team to exceed guest expectations through your genuine passion for service excellence.
As an Assistant Front Office Manager, you will;
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment
- Motivate and engage employees to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests
- Lead, develop and train our front office team (including performance reviews)
- Control costs & wages through effective staffing levels
- Respond to guest feedback and implementing changes to prevent reoccurrence
- Communicate with all departments of the hotel and wider Star team to ensure customer satisfaction is consistently achieved
- Continuously evaluate operating techniques to maximize efficiency
- Manage customer relations to deliver truly memorable experiences for our guests
The successful candidate will have established leadership skills in a reputable and large, five-star deluxe accommodation, with proven experience of people management and an authentic customer service approach, additionally, you will have;
- Availability to work on a 7-day rotating roster
- Unlimited Australian working rights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Opera Property Management System (PMS) experience or similar
- Second language (e.g. Mandarin or Cantonese) is advantageous
- Extensive training and career development
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform
- Discounts across The Star’s hotels and restaurants
- Free light rail from Central Station to The Star
- $7 staff parking
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining our team, click on apply now we look forward to hearing from you!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend