Regulatory Manager - QLD
Job no: 520402
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Queensland, Brisbane
Categories: Legal & Compliance
What we are looking for
Our Group Legal and Risk team are looking for a Regulatory Manager to join the team in QLD to manage the Queensland regulatory affairs function, including but not limited to managing key regulatory and product submissions. In this role you will lead the stakeholder engagement program, including maintaining professional relations with all relevant Government agencies and State and Federal regulators as well as effectively support the Licensing advisory and administration process to ensure regulatory compliance requirements are met across The Star Entertainment Group.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop relationships and manage and co-ordinate relations between The Star Entertainment Group and OLGR and other relevant agencies.
- Develop and ensure The Star Entertainment Group’s internal control documentation is in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Co-ordinate presentations from The Star Entertainment Group to relevant regulators ensuring that The Star Entertainment Group presents a true, consistent and professional account of its activities.
- Liaise with regulators to ensure full communication is achieved and to provide feedback to The Star Entertainment Group properties as appropriate to enable pursuit of the Group’s regulatory priorities.
- Co-ordinate implementation of directions from Government and regulators.
- Provide support and regulatory advice to key business units to assist in progressing initiatives for approval and assist with their knowledge of regulatory obligations.
- Provide People & Performance and executive management with advice regarding licensing including the development and interpretation of policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Maintain effective customer relations with both internal and external customers.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Languages, Skills & Attributes
- At least 12-15 years’ experience in legal, regulatory or compliance roles or comparable industry operational roles
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Law/Governance highly desirable.
- Experience in holding statutory compliance officer roles interfacing with regulatory authorities highly desirable
- Substantial operational experience in the casino industry and/or a heavily regulated environment.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Highly organised
- Strong Stakeholder management at all levels
About The Star
The Star Entertainment Group strives to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator. We own and operate entertainment destinations in Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Our Group is experiencing an exciting time of growth and investment across all our properties. Our industry is fast paced, highly competitive and our operations are broad and dynamic. We celebrate the energy of our cities, operating across culturally diverse segments within local and international markets.
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
- Ongoing career development and training programs via The Star Academy
- Discounted staff parking
- FREE meals and fruit daily
- Discounts across The Star's Hotels and Restaurants
It's your move
If you've got the drive to inspire change, grow with our business and the desire to achieve extraordinary things, come and play with us at The Star. Make your next move by clicking the link below.
** No Agencies please **
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend