Junior Sous Chef |Pastry
Job no: 520526
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
About the Company
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
About the Role
Work in a large scale, fully functioning Pastry kitchen that is equipped with the latest technology and all you will ever need to create unforgettable experience for our internal and external customers! Our pastry kitchen is responsible for supporting over 30 unique F&B outlets and produces 99% of the pastry and bakery goods here at The Star Sydney. Truly, no two days are the same and there is always an opportunity to master new techniques and test out new recipes.
We are looking for an experience Junior Sous chef to join our Pastry Kitchen. Work in a supportive environment alongside a talented and experienced kitchen brigade! This position offers extensive training and development opportunities with exposure to all areas of a commercial pastry kitchen. The successful candidate will be looking for a position that allows them to expand their skills and progress their career with some of the best chef in the industry.
Skills & Experience
- Culinary qualifications (Certificate IV in Patisserie or equivalent)
- Previous experience as a Chef de Partie or Junior Sous Chef in a large-scale production kitchen
- Highly organised and attention to detail is highly regarded
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Passionate about learning new techniques and skills
- Please ensure you attach an updated portfolio as part of your application
- Extensive training and career development
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform
- Discounts across The Star’s hotels and restaurants
- Free light rail from Central Station to The Star
- $10 staff parking
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining our team, click on apply now and upload your resume along with an updated portfolio. We would love to hear from you!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend