Job no: 520928
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Gold Coast
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest centred ideology that drives what we do each and every day.
The Star Gold Coast is excited to announce that we are opening applications for the position of Surveillance Technician. Reporting to the Surveillance Systems & Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of property owned surveillance equipment and systems.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Installation and maintenance of all CCTV System & IT related hardware and software
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of hardware, software, and cabling to determine and resolve faults or issues
- Programming of the surveillance system software to reflect changes to the operational layout
- Creating and updating site drawings of camera locations to meet government compliance
- Carry out preventative maintenance programs designed to eliminate system failures and manage equipment inventory and stock supply
- Respond to equipment failure notifications
We are specifically looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience with managing CCTV installation, maintenance, repairs, and programming. Relevant site-specific CCTV system experience advantageous (Dallmeier, Pelco, Avigilon)
- Electronics Trade Certificate or equivalent required (IT based qualifications in relevant fields will be considered)
- Australian Communication Media Authority (ACMA) cabling licence (Coax, structured cabling, fibre optic advantageous)
- Nationally recognised EWP under 11M Working at Heights Training Accreditation
- Construction Industry, Course in General Safety or equivalent (White Card)
- A current CPR certificate
- Excellent knowledge and competence with IP Network fundamentals and fault finding, experience with Windows Server administration and Desktop support advantageous.
- Proficient skills using AutoCAD or similar.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small dynamic team at The Star Gold Coast.
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you’re interested in joining the team, submit your application now or head to our website to check out the positions currently available.
We’d love to hear from you!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend