Job no: 521203
Work type: Casual, Permanent Part-Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Chef / cook
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment, and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest-centred ideology that drives what we do each and every day
There has never been a better time to join The Star Gold Coast team within our Hotel Department.
What we are looking for
Our Culinary Team is currently seeking passionate Commis Chefs to work in our Culinary team. This position has prospects for career development and the opportunity to learn and grow within a large team of experienced chefs in Casual to Fine Dining Restaurants and large Production Kitchen.
We are looking for Chefs who have enthusiasm, creativity and a passion for cooking and working in a team.
Key responsibilities in the role include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of food in a clean working environment in line with business volumes
- Perform cooking duties and work in any outlet allocated to
- Assist the more senior Chefs in the preparation of food in the kitchen.
- Set up and assist in the food mise en place in all kitchen sections.
Be your best self
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Culinary qualifications (Commercial Cookery Cert III or equivalent) and prior experience in an up-market, high volume operation
- A passion for a diverse range of food and a keen desire for continuous learning
- Flexibility to work across a 24/7 roster
- A warm, naturally engaging personality that takes pride in delivering a memorable product
- Bringing your career to The Star Entertainment Group means you will join us on our planned growth trajectory to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company
- Discounts across award-winning restaurants and accommodation
- Groupwide Diversity and Inclusion strategy
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and dry-cleaning services
- A complimentary meal every day
- Parking on-site at our Gold Coast property
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Get in touch
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we want to talk to you! Click the link below and get in touch today.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend