Job no: 521274
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Management, Stewarding
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
Treasury Brisbane are currently accepting applications for Stewarding Supervisor to join our Stewarding Team.
We are looking for an experienced supervisor to join our team as a Full-Time Stewarding Supervisor. As a Stewarding Supervisor, you will be responsible for the effective supervision of the Stewarding shift to ensure a productive workflow.
- Provide supervision, practical direction and assistance to Stewards within outlets in performing their allocated duties including ware washing, cleaning, soaking and sanitation
- Maintain an open line of communication with outlet managers to ensure that operational and service requirements are maintained through efficient rostering
- Ensure that occupational health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to within the outlet or task assigned (including the correct use of personal protective equipment)
- Responsible for ensuring the day to day operation of the OH&S system within the department, through compliance with all OH&S policies, procedures and programs
- Ensure all training (Chemical training - hazardous substances, Food Safety, Manual Handling, etc) is completed in accordance with departmental procedures
- Ensure safe handling, maintenance and storage of chemicals at all times
We are looking for candidates with:
- Previous supervisory experience, in a stewarding, warehouse, kitchen or similar environment
- Operational knowledge of stewarding operations is an advantage but not essential
- Availability to work rotating shifts within a 24/7 environment
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently with a high attention to detail
- Good computer skills desirable (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate a high performing team
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to work to strict deadlines
- The ability to create positive experiences for all our customers, both internal and external
- Working knowledge of hygiene & sanitation programs and WH&S legislation is an advantage but not essential
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend