Resource Planning Team Lead
Job no: 521380
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
Great opportunity for an experienced Planning lead to join The Star Entertainment Group. You will play a pivotal role in partnering with the business on rostering needs. You will also be the main point of escalation on Roster queries and help lead and guide the team on a day to day basis.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Partner with business portfolio to create, develop and maintain high quality rostering process with a focus on work/life balance and cost effective solutions
- Be the owner of all changes to the roster management system (Virtual Roster)
- Identify enhancements for the roster management system which lead to automation and process improvement
- Work alongside the analyst to provide input and advice on roster patterns and appropriate labour mix to promote and maintain quality roster patterns with a focus on equity, predictability, cost and work/life balance
- Operate and advise within the bounds of The Star Enterprise Agreement, company / department policy and procedures
- Ensure appropriate planning methodologies are created with the help of analysts as well as administrators
- Act as a point of escalation for all roster related queries not resolved by the advisors
- Monitor and manage team member absenteeism, annual leave and time and attendance and develop, maintain and review time and attendance and rostering policies and procedures ensuring integrity of the operation, quality service standards, and adherence to the Star Enterprise Agreement
- Ensure effective rostering practices to support management with the development of the business. Work with analysts to benchmark with other Casinos and software users
- Pro-actively consult with respective business units on roster requirements and forecasts ensuring operational and budgetary requirements are adhered to and in accordance with Star Enterprise agreement, policies and procedures
- Ensure team produce and process all daily reports, leave requests and changes ensuring that information is accurately recorded in systems and is in accordance to Star Enterprise Agreement and Policy and Procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in leading teams of small to medium sizes
- Experience in rosters and resourcing in high volume organisations
- Good knowledge of rostering systems
- 4-5 years experience in similar role
- Exposure to Casino and hospitality industry
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to the find balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend