Job no: 521486
Work type: Permanent Part-Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Chef / cook
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest centred ideology that drives what we do each and every day.
An amazing opportunity for a Demi Chef has arisen at The Star Gold Coast.
We are specifically looking for someone who has:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Certificate III in Commercial Cookery)
- The ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate and work as part of the team
- A passion for a diverse range of food and a keen desire for continuous learning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
What's on the table?
- Opportunity to work with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Learn new techniques and use modern equipment
- Infinite career possibilities
- Free meal on shift
- Fully laundered uniforms (chef jacket and pants washed for you after each shift)
- The opportunity to make your mark in a growing organisation
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you’re interested in joining our team, apply with the links below.
We’d love to hear from you!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend