Commis Chef | The Star Gold Coast
Job no: 521570
Work type: Casual, Permanent Part Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Chef / cook
We are looking for passionate Commis Chefs to join our established Culinary Team at The Star Gold Coast. In this role your responsibility is to ensure your section is prepared and produces food that meets the Sous Chef’s requirements. This position has prospects for career development and the opportunity to learn and grow within a large team of experienced chefs with skills that range from casual to fine dining.
Based on your skills and experience we will work with you to determine which venues are right for you, with an offering including Garden Kitchen & Bar, Harvest Buffet, Cucina Vivo, Sovereign Dining, Kiyomi and our new pool bar Isoletto!
Our salaries are above market with great benefits too!
Day to day in this role you will:
- Preparation of food in a clean working environment in line with business volumes
- Perform cooking duties and work in any outlet allocated to
- Assist the more senior Chefs in the preparation of food in the kitchen.
- Set up and assist in the food mise en place in all kitchen sections.
- Permanent Part time or Casual roles to suit your available working hours + penalty loadings for early mornings, late nights and weekends
- Rosters confirmed in advance and available direct to your mobile
- Onboarding and training in your department, with supervisor support on each shift
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday at our Employee Dining Room
- Uniforms prepared and ready for you daily on property
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
- Joining an established and large culinary team, with endless career growth and opportunities to learn and develop your career
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Apply today – we are reviewing applications and confirming interviews daily!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend