We are looking for our next Field Services Team Leader to lead and take the team on the next journey for The Star Gold Coast!
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
About the role
Our company’s IT model is customer centric and underpinned by a shared services structure with a strong IT governance framework, thus ensuring:
- Greater business alignment and partnership;
- Greater innovation, transparency and governance;
- Scalable delivery model;
- Service excellence; and
- Robust, efficient operations
The Field Services Team Leader is responsible for applying developed technical knowledge and execution of the required job skills in supporting the Star Entertainment business and the Casino properties. Additionally, the Team Leader will support in the guidance, management, mentoring and professional development of the other engineers within the Field Services team.
High level responsibilities include:
- Provide timely and efficient service resolution for supported equipment and take ownership and responsibility of team tasks
- Ensure strict adherence to escalation procedures and strong engagement with other key stakeholders
- Deployment and configuration of new and replacement IT equipment; provision of 2nd Level support for IT Desktop operating systems; decommissioning in alignment with Asset Management processes
- Ability to assess need for system re-configurations (minor or significant)
- Participation in projects as assigned by the IT Group Operations & Application Support Manager
- Ensure that desktop performance and reliability is maintained within agreed service levels
- Maintain quality standards and service level commitments according to business requirements and expectations
- Engagement with IT Service Management processes – including Incident, Change and Problem Management as required
- Ability to troubleshoot Information Technology supported infrastructure and services
- On-call Incident Management participation as required
- Create career development action plans (CDAPs) and skill set capabilities for all team members and overseeing the team's professional development.
The IT division plays a significant role in delivering the technology master plan to the business and is currently preparing to enter an unprecedented phase of change. The technology division has now been structured with specialist areas to be able to achieve these deliverables.
We are seeking an energetic and innovative Field Services Team Leader that can work within all areas of our business in supporting and enhancing business services whilst positively influencing all stakeholders on this journey of change.
Come and Growth with us
Holding a tertiary qualification in Information Technology or similar associated degree you will have demonstrated Field Service delivery experience within a fast-paced customer focused corporate environment as well as proven experience leading or mentoring others within a team environment.
You will have working technical knowledge of networks, PCs / peripherals and platform Operating Systems and associated hardware. Certifications / Methodology with ITIL Foundations is desirable.
The candidate we seek has a highly developed customer service ethic and drive to deliver exceptional customer service. With strong written and verbal communication skills you are able to build relationships across all levels of stakeholders within the organisation, confidently influence stakeholders and demonstrate resilience in a constantly changing environment.
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link.