F&B Operations Manager - Casual Dining & Retail
Job no: 521824
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
At The Star, we have just one mission – to thrill. That’s why we have all-star chefs, restaurants, bars, luxurious accommodation, high-end fashion, a sumptuous day spa and of course, the world-class casino. We are the premier destination for business and entertainment accommodation.
This role will be responsible for managing and developing all Food & Beverage team members within the casual dining outlets of the main gaming floor and retail spaces, while still ensuring an efficient and effective operation to achieve superior guest service for our guests. The successful applicant will assist in guiding the team toward achieving all departmental and company goals. The portfolio consists of Harvest Buffet, Fat Noodle, Food Quarter, Antidote, Flying Fish & Chips, G&Tea and Bar Nexus.
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following Key Selection criteria:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to develop large teams
- Demonstrated ability in planning and resourcing people and products, performance management, controlling labour costs and operating expenses
- Demonstrated ability in developing productive relationships and managing and driving change.
- Experience in managing multiple fast paced casual dining outlets highly desirable.
- Understanding of laws as they relate to the organisation, in particular, the Liquor Act, the Responsible Service of Alcohol programme, Industrial Relations laws and OH&S laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible availability to meet the demands of a 24/7 business
- Recommend strategies to the Director of Food and Beverage Operations with ways in which to drive revenue, maintain costs and the return of guests
- Ensure that the food and beverage operations are run within budgetary requirements for labour, product, and operational expenses
- Accountable for maintaining guest focus in all services, ensuring that guest service delivery is timely, effective and efficient and that it meets the guest's needs
- Monitor, evaluate and modify the quality and consistency of service and product delivery to continuously meet and improve service standards, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic and operating plans for the business within the Casual Dining and Retail Portfolio
- Implement and actively promote all guest related service standards ensuring positive guest relations, taking to mind that these guests are valuable
- Mentor team members and complete all people planning requirements including overseeing rosters, recruitment, training and development and performance management of the team in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensure compliance with the Responsible Service of Alcohol programme.
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- The Star allows you the opportunity to take advantage of free hot meals on shift daily, discounts to all venues on site, free light rail between The Star and Central, subsidised parking, opportunities to develop your career and other great benefits!
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend