Venues Manager Main Gaming Floor & Bars
Job no: 521865
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s (TSEG) vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, our properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
We are currently accepting applications for Venue Managers wanting to join the Star Sydney team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the Manager in venue operations ensuring a positive and exciting environment where flawless delivery and execution of product excellence and service are paramount.
You will oversee the effectiveness of customer service, employee performance, development and service enhancements. Reporting to F&B Operations Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for daily operations Jade Rabbit, Cherry Bar, Rock Lily, Main Gaming Floor and Vantage. We are looking for a charming leader who can motivate and encourage the team to deliver a personalise service to our guests. You will be hands-on in your operational approach and be passionate about developing your career.
- Impeccable standards or professionalism and a commitment to guest service
- You will build a guest culture to continuously deliver a thrilling experience in line with The Star’s Values
- Maintain constant presence on the floor, recognising our guests
- Managing day-to-day operations, meeting the quality, standards, and expectations of the guests on a daily basis
- Review and analyse the daily operational needs maintaining beverage, labour, product and expenses on budget
- You will lead and motivate the team to continuously deliver an inspiring experience in line with our service culture
- Attract and develop talent and own the performance of your team
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, resolving grievances and conflicts
- Venue management experience with fond knowledge of bar and lounge operations
- Strong beverage knowledge including wines and cocktails
- Confidence to lead a diverse team
- Proactive, problem-solving and attention to detail skills highly regarded
- Proven business acumen
- Understanding of social media concepts with an innovative approach to driving guest loyalty
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star Hotels and Restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend