Front Office Agent - The Star Grand
Job no: 521980
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Front Office
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
About the Role
The Star Grand Hotel & Residences are seeking hospitality professionals with a background in five-star hotels or a reputable luxury brand, ideally with previous Opera Property Management System (PMS) experience or similar.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, your key responsibilities will include assisting and responding to all guest requests with a focus on guest service excellence and performing end to end Front Office Agent (FOA) duties, but are not limited to:
- Provide an efficient and timely check-in and check-out
- Assist with guest bookings and enquiries
- Accurate process of payments (e.g. upfront room payment, mini bar & In Room Dining cost)
- Receiving and recording reservation requests
- Resolving customer service queries with diplomacy and tact
As the role is highly focused on guest experience, the successful candidate will be a hospitality professional who enjoys the interaction with people will a goal to achieve guest service excellence every day. The successful applicant will have:
- Previous working experience within hotels, fine dining restaurants, call centre
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Availability to work across a 7-day rotating roster (any time between 6am-11pm)
- Administration, problem-solving skills and attention to detail highly regarded
- Ability to speak Mandarin will be advantageous
Benefits of working at The Star
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend