Job no: 523641
Work type: Permanent Full Time
We have an exciting position available within our close-knit Procurement team for a Category Specialist.
As a Category Specialist at The Star you will be working closely with an experienced Procurement Manager on all things hospitality. Ideally, you will have experience in supporting the end-to-end procurement lifecycle. Experience with contract negotiation, market and competitor analysis, and
data analytics is advantageous.
About your role:
- Support the development and implementation of category plans and sourcing strategies based on market research and stakeholder requirements to drive efficiencies and achieve value for money.
- Support the end-to-end sourcing activities and approach to market to deliver efficiencies and value for money for the business while mitigating risks
- Identify and implement cost savings opportunities and procurement best practice
- Provide market and competitor analysis and insights, including key implications and recommendations
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous procurement experience; experience in hospitality or consumables is advantageous.
- Good level of confidence, influencing and negotiation skills, commercial awareness, and business acumen
- Team player capable of working collaboratively
- Polished communication skills, a go-getter attitude and strategic mindset
- Experience working in large scale environments - ideally in a hospitality setting
- Ability to influence people for continuous improvement and value creation initiatives
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking every weekday
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend