Events and Ticketing Manager
Job no: 523763
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
At the Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
We are currently seeking an experienced Events and Ticketing Manager to join our fun & dynamic Events team at The Star Sydney on a Full-Time basis. Reporting directly to the Events Manager you will complete the operation requirements of all onsite & offsite events across multiple portfolios.
What will my day look like as Events and Ticketing Manager?
- Manage and lead all concert enquiries from Start to finish
- Provide leadership and direction regarding the operational aspects of events, ensuring customer service, budgetary requirements and operational requirements are met.
- Build all ticketed events into the ticketing system and manage customer database.
- Manage box office operations and additional temporary staff as required.
- Work a rotating roster as determined by the Event Director to ensure the team. provides coverage seven (7) days per week.
Who are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline desirable but not essential [example event management, marketing, communications or hospitality].
- Experience in event management (minimum 10 years) Casino or large hospitality experience preferred.
- Delphi and Opera experience is advantageous
- Understanding of casino rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Due to the nature of the industry having fun & exciting events happening across the year, this position may require weekend work from time to time.
- Extensive training and career development
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform
- Discounts across The Star’s hotels and restaurants
- Free light rail from Central Station to The Star
- Discounted staff parking
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend