Job no: 523798
Work type: Permanent Full Time
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Venues Manager passionate about cafes and fast paced eateries. This is a unique opportunity to oversee four diverse venues - Antidote Cafe, Bar Nexus, G&Tea Lounge and Flying Fish and Chips. The successful applicant will be flexible and able to lead a strong team across multiple venues. We are looking for someone who is passionate about customer service, people & innovation.
- Solid leadership experience within a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Experience running multisite operations across cafes and fast paced retail eateries environments
- Experience leading a diverse team of Managers, Supervisors, Bar Attendants, Bar Porters and F&B Servers
- Understanding of RSA compliance obligations
- Experienced with MS Office suite
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proactive, problem-solving and attention to detail
- Proven business acumen and an understanding of P&L analysis
Reporting to the F&B Operations Manager, you will:
- Lead and engage team members to continuously deliver exceptional service in line with The Star service culture
- Recruit, Train and develop your team, hold staff accountable in the daily operations
- Supervise the service flow and monitor the quality of food and service standards
- Plan, organise and deliver private function services
- Support the F&B operations manager in the development and implementation of business plans
- Monitor the F&B stock, controlling costs, P&L and staffing levels
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- FREE meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- FREE light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend