Event Services Assistant Floor Manager
Job no: 523816
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Events, Management
The Star Gold Coast Event Services Department accommodate various conventions, exhibitions, functions, and special events. We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Floor Manager to join our team!
The Assistant Floor Manager will report to the Events Floor Manager and will be responsible for providing assistance to the Event Services Management Team, including but not limited to: ensuring the highest customer service standards are displayed and maintained in our premium Conference and Events Centres, managing and keeping informed direct reports (floor staff), overseeing budget/profitability, delegating daily tasks for the team in accordance with expected business levels and ensuring a sense of urgency in responding to daily business requirements.
The role as an Assistant Floor Manager will see you actively assisting in all aspects of event management, from attending meetings to the set-up of function venues, managing stakeholders, and delivering exception client and guest expectations.
- Ensuring the department meets budgetary targets and assisting with the development of initiatives to maximise revenue and minimise costs as directed by the Event Planning and Operations Manager
- Planning, operations, and execution of events
- Managing and monitoring for evaluation of service and product delivery
- Managing and monitoring set-up, pack down and room turn
- Maintaining a high level of team focus on delivering outstanding guest service
- Managing team performance and development, including managing a small team of direct reports (Floor staff)
- Working with internal key stakeholders to deliver outcomes for the business
- Ensuring the department is well maintained from a WHS view and actionable maintenances
We are specifically looking for someone who has:
- Managerial or strong supervisory experience in leading a large team up 75 in a Food and Beverage setting, event experience is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of food & beverage products, trends and industry practices
- Demonstrated ability in planning multiple events at a time and resourcing of people and products
- Proficient knowledge of software’s such as; Microsoft 365 programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Experience with time-management, in a high pressure working environment
- Experience in managing costs including labour to create operational efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability in developing productive relationships and managing and driving change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accreditation in Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Flexible availability to suit business needs, including weekends and public holidays
- A strong hospitality career focus and the ambition to be part of a fast paced, dynamic and growing department
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest-centred ideology that drives what we do every day.
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to the find balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend