Junior Sous Chef
Job no: 523837
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Chef / cook
We are currently looking for passionate and highly dedicated culinary professionals to join our Production Kitchen team as a Junior Sous Chef at Treasury Brisbane.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for you to join a well-established large organisation, and progress your professional career, developing your skills under the mentorship of some of the best chefs in Brisbane.
This is a permanent, full time positions with incredible benefits!
Why work with us?
- Permanent, Full Time position with permanent benefits
- Rosters confirmed in advance and available direct to your mobile
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday at our Employee Dining Room
- Uniforms prepared and ready for you daily on property
- Discounted staff parking available in the city
- Opportunity to grow your Culinary Career at The Star
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment, with a diverse team that is passionate about quality food production
What are we looking for?
- Solid experience Demi Chef/Chef de Partie
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- Willingness to learn and develop other team members
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques, and kitchen equipment
- The ability to effectively communicate and work as part of the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
About Treasury Brisbane
Treasury Brisbane showcases old-world opulence of a five-star hotel; the non-stop excitement of Brisbane’s only 24-hour casino; the thrill of live entertainment; the glamour of exclusive fashion events; the tantalising taste of unique restaurants.
In recent years, the property has welcomed acclaimed dining venues including Celebrity Chef Luke Nguyen’s Fat Noodle (2012), Black Hide by Gambaro (2018) and a new look Livewire 24/7 Sports Bar (2020).
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Join the best kitchens in Australia and apply now!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend