Job no: 523883
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Treasury Brisbane is currently seeking a Workshop Fitter to join our Property Operations team!
Working across Treasury Brisbane’s Hotel, Restaurants, Bars and our Corporate Offices, this will be an exciting and varied role responsible for maintaining and repairing mechanical infrastructure, kitchen/restaurant appliances, and associated equipment. This role would suit someone with all-round mechanical skills (welding/grinding/metal work), or Gas Fitting experience.
What can we offer you?
• An opportunity to play a significant role in this exciting new opening, set to transform Brisbane’s hospitality offering
• Complimentary buffet meal on every shift
• Uniform laundered and ready for you daily on property
• Competitive Hourly rate, plus penalty rates for weekends and public holidays
• Discounted parking available in the city
• Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
• Career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy – limitless career opportunities
• An organisation that values diversity, teamwork and bringing your best self
• Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships, retail discounts and laundry services
What are we looking for?
• Good all-around skills in mechanical and general knowledge of building services
• A team player who can also work autonomously
• Previous experience with maintaining a record of work and logging important activities
• QLD Trade License (Mechanical Fitter, Gas Fitter or Electrician/ Electrical Technician)
• General knowledge of building services would be an advantage.
Please be aware that eligibility checks are required as part of the recruitment process and ongoing employment for this position.
Treasury Brisbane showcases old-world opulence of a five-star hotel; the non-stop excitement of Brisbane’s only 24-hour casino; the thrill of live entertainment; the glamour of exclusive fashion events; the tantalising taste of unique restaurants.
At The Star, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We recognise the distinctive challenges that trans and gender-diverse applicants may encounter during the recruitment process. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a WGEA Employee of Citation for Gender Equality holder and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move!
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend