Food & Beverage Operations Manager
Job no: 523887
Work type: Permanent Full Time
At The Star, we have just one mission – to thrill. That’s why we have all-star chefs, restaurants, bars, luxurious accommodation, high-end fashion, a sumptuous day spa and of course, the world-class casino. We are the premier destination for business and entertainment accommodation!
This role will be responsible for leading and developing all Food & Beverage team members within the outlets of the Main Gaming Floor and Retail Spaces, while still ensuring an efficient and effective operation to achieve outstanding guest service. The successful applicant will assist in guiding the team toward achieving all departmental and company goals. The portfolio consists of Harvest Buffet, Fat Noodle, Food Quarter, Antidote, Flying Fish & Chips, G&Tea and Bar Nexus.
Some of the amazing benefits you are expected to enjoy are:
- Extensive training and career development
- 30% off our Food & Beverage outlets plus discounts across our properties
- Free buffet meals on duty
- Freshly laundered uniform every single day
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
The ideal candidate will be someone with:
- Demonstrated ability in planning and resourcing people and products, performance management, controlling labour costs and operating expenses
- Proven experience in creating positive and active relationships to manage and motivate change.
- Experience in managing multiple fast-paced casual dining outlets is highly desirable.
- Understanding of laws as they relate to the organisation, in particular, the Liquor Act, the Responsible Service of Alcohol programme, Industrial Relations laws and OH&S laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible availability to meet the demands of a 24/7 business
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Recommend strategies to the Director of Food and Beverage Operations with ways to drive revenue, maintain costs and the return guests
- Ensure that the operations are run within budgetary requirements for labour, product, and operational expenses
- Accountable for maintaining guest focus in all services, ensuring that guest service delivery is timely, effective and efficient and that it meets the guest's needs
- Supervise, evaluate and modify the quality and consistency of service and product delivery to continuously meet and improve service standards, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic and operating plans for the business within the Casual Dining and Retail Portfolio
- Mentor teams and complete all people planning requirements including coordinating rosters, recruitment, training and development and performance management of the team in accordance with Company policy.
Are you ready to take on this new challenge in your career? Apply now and join our fantastic family in Sydney
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend